Bouncy houses and jumping castles were probably up there on your list of favorite carnival activities as a kid, so why not enjoy them as an adult too? Now you can, courtesy of The Curtis hotel in Denver.
The boutique hotel commissioned artist Alex Schweder to produce an art installation called “The Hotel Rehearsal”, an inflatable hotel room, suspended 22 feet in the air using a van-mounted jack, featuring a bed, a couch and a small bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet…and a fee of $50,000 per night! The bedroom walls and ceiling of the 7-by-10 foot room are clear — all the better for night-time star-gazing. Just simply pull down the shades for privacy.
At 50k per night, this isn’t a bouncy house for a kid’s birthday party! And, at this steep price, you may be better off buying your own bouncy house and spending the weekend in your backyard. Although a stay in the world’s first bouncy house hotel room isn’t cheap, it does come with a whole host of perks. The package, created by Denver’s Curtis Hotel was used to showcase its temporary “Stargazer Floor” is called the Lloyd in the Sky with Diamonds package (think: the Beatles’ “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”).
• One weekend night in “the hotel rehearsal” floating hotel room
• Luxurious airport transportation via limousine, stocked with cocktails and munchies
• Be greeted at your floating hotel room by Sonny & Cher impersonators
• Groovy in-room amenities like 1960s scarves and bell bottoms
• Tiffany diamond pendant and earring set
• A set of Swarovski binoculars
• An i-Pad Mini loaded with the StarGazer app
• Two iPod Nanos pre-loaded with Lloyd’s favorite ’60s tunes. The iPods are yours to take home
• A party for 100 of your closest friends at Lloyd’s Studio 54 lounge in the Curtis Four Square Ballroom with food, drinks and a hookah bar
• An afternoon with a private, personal shopper to help you find the perfect party ensemble
• Disco brunch for two at the Corner Office Restaurant & Martini Bar, including bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Marys.
Brought to you by Steve’s Bounce House, you can visit us at stevesbouncehouse.com.
Steve’s Bounce House 21 Sugar Maple Drive Coventry, RI 02816 (800) 276-1629
Author: Steve Pagliarini
Learn more about the author read more »